My Van Wagenen family has a tradition of doing a family newsletter. This has been going on long before I became a member of the family. Due to the inconsistent nature of this publication, the title is Van Wagenen Sometimes. In the last publication, my sister-in-law Kristina submitted a poem she had written for her youngest daughter, Smee (Sarah Marilee). She writes how little Smee is "gonna grow" so quickly...
"You're my little baby, Smee
So tiny now, but you will see
You're gonna grow...
When morning comes I'll wake to find
You're all grown up, left me behind
You're gonna grow...
You're gonna grow grow grow..."
There are more verses to this sweet poem, but I just had to share a few because lately as I watch Ruby each day, Kristina's words keep resonating in my head and heart. Most days I am astounded at Ruby's growth and development. These little creatures from heaven seem to be hard wired to learn. I love watching Ruby grow, but part of my heart aches that she won't be my little baby forever. She is going to become a little lady before my very eyes. Lately, Ruby LOVES going up the stairs. She will play with her toys in the family room for a little bit, then she drops what she is doing and heads straight for the stairs. She is becoming very quick and efficient at making her ascent. When she gets to the top she turns around, looks at me, smiles, and claps her hands. There is nothing better in this world! Is there any way I can stop time....just for awhile?
4 comments:
Love the pics! She is just so dang cute!
Oh this little one gets cuter and cuter the more she grow, grow, grows!
Ruby is so blessed to have a mom who gains so much satisfaction from simply watching her climb the stairs. Love you Meg!
I didn't know you started a blog! That makes me so happy, because Facebook can really bug me for some reason, so I end up missing out on a lot of things.
You are a darling mom. Sometimes I feel the same way. I don't want these babes to grow up! Just stay small and innocent and fun, and need me forever.
Oh how I love that little girl. She always gets cuter and cuter. I love how show looks back every so often making sure you are still watching her go up the stairs... lucky for Ruby, she'll always look back to see her wonderful mother cheering her on!
Post a Comment