Some mornings I may not feel like the leaving the comfort of my warm bed to go to work...but on Saturday my efforts were rewarded. Life is all about the people we meet, the relationships we build, and the love we show to all God's children (all mankind). I am fortunate to meet so many wonderful, strong children and their families. I was reminded of this on Saturday. Not to mention, it was wonderful going home to my smiling Ruby, so excited to see me! In a world where there seems to be so much bad...there is a lot of good. We just have to wake-up.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Some Mornings...
It was early Saturday morning....my alarm sounding at 5:15 am. Hugh looked so cozy laying next to me, and I would have given anything to stay in bed and spend the day ahead with my little family. Nevertheless, after pushing snooze one too many times, I rolled out of bed and started getting ready for work. Some days, I just don't want to go (which I'm sure is the case with most working people in the world :). But it seems once I get there, my day usually goes okay and the 12 hours go by pretty darn quick. This Saturday was no exception....I may even say it was a blessing. I had a really busy day, but also had the most bright, loving, and exceptional young lady as one of my patients. She taught me a lot about life in those quick 12 hours of spending some time with her. This darling girl had the ability to literally light up her room with her presence alone. She could have been grumpy about being sick and in and out of the hospital for the past year...I would have totally understood if she wanted to complain and vent to me as I went about my nursing cares. But she did just the opposite, and made my day and life brighter just having met her. She is a true example of making a choice in life...deciding to swim not sink, smile not frown, and reach out lift those around her. What a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment