Monday, January 11, 2010

A Good Reminder...

{Hugh captured the beautiful blue sky on a warm summer day}

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget that He seeth the upper,
And I the under side.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
-Anonymous

I had to work on Sunday, therefore missing church. Hugh saved some good quotes from the sunday school lesson for me to read. This poem was one of them. I really liked it because it reminded me that my experiences in life serve a purpose in molding who I am and will become. Some good, some bad...but all worth it.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Hugh s such a good photographer! And a nce husband to brng home the quotes. :) Thanks for sharng the poem and your thoughts. That was good to read today. Love you.