Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This little man has been on my mind...a lot. His due date is today, April 16th. I find myself re-living his three and half week earthly existence over and over in my mind. I never want to forget the way he smelled, the way I felt his blonde hairs on my lips when giving him kisses on his head, the way he pulled his arms up to his chin, and mostly the way I felt sitting next to him. I longed to hold and cuddle him....and I think I always will. It seemed like forever as we floated through those three and half weeks, and now looking back it seems it all happened in the blink of an eye. He just needed to drop by, say hi, and remind me what is important in life. I miss him, but my sweet and tender memories of him help replace the void with joy and hope. I love you, Hughie.


3 comments:

Mallory said...

i love you meg. you are such a beautiful mom. i can't believe hughie's due date is today - another special day to celebrate your son. february 17th, march 14th, and april 16th will forever be hughie's days in our family.

i love all four of you very, very much!

Crystal said...

Hey Megan,
I don't know if you remember me, but I started following your story about a week before your little Hughie passed. I don't remember if I commented previously, mostly because I didn't know what I would say. You amaze me with your strength to carry on. I am glad that you post these real feeling on your blog. I always knew you were super woman! I am glad to see that you still capture priceless moments with your daughter Ruby. Since reading about Hughie, I have tried to be a better mother and treasure the moments I have with all my babies. I have another friend who lost their daughter to SIDS just days ago, and was reminded once again how precious life is. Thank you for being an example to me!

With Love,
Crystal Putnam Cox

jc-family.blogspot.com

the Eggett's said...

Meg,

While reading Dawn's blog a couple of weeks ago, I heard the news about what you have been going through and have since found and read your blog. I hope you don't mind. I first want to tell you how sincerely sorry I am for your loss. But second, I want you to know how despite the pain of your loss, I came away from reading your blog uplifted, with a new sense of perspective. You and your little family seem quite amazing. I just wanted to know that there's yet another family out there thinking of and praying for you guys. . .

Anyway, I would love to keep in touch and now that I have your blog address I am sure I will keep reading if that's okay. I also have a blog. It is private and very boring but you are welcome to peek in on my life as I peek on yours. Just email me so I can have your email address if you would like an invite.

Amberdonn@gmail.com

love,
Amber (Ballstaedt) Eggett