Missing this guy.
The question is, can Ruby and I survive another week without him? Let's just hope we don't drive each other too crazy in the process. Lately when I let out a frustrated yell, Ruby looks at me with her cheesy grin and says, "you are driving me crazy!" Smart girl. (This is usually after she has done something slightly naughty.) She know if she doesn't say it, I will. She also knows as crazy as she is driving me, her little grin gets me every time. Who teaches kids this stuff? I have never been away from Hugh this long, and it is pretty tough. I am finding by the end of the day I am so exhausted, and without Hugh around for me to emotionally unload, I am less patience with little Miss Ruby. But luckily, we go to bed and wake up to a new day, feeling fresh and ready to conquer (at least until I start thinking of all the things I should get done today). Not to mention, one day closer to Hugh coming home. We have been able to skype with him this week and that has been great. Makes me feel like he's not so far away. Plus, it reminds me it is all worth it when I hear about his adventures and know he is having a great time.


{Hugh and his group enjoying some waterfalls}
And since Hugh is enjoying Africa in real life...Ruby and I experienced a little bit of Africa today when we saw "African Cats". Thanks to Ruby's cousin Nain for choosing this movie for her birthday outing/gift. Made for a great afternoon activity.
1 comment:
i actually miss him too!
Post a Comment