Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nesting. It has begun.


The past couple of weeks I have been getting things in order around the house to welcome our little baby home. It has made me so happy and given me a much needed renewal of energy. Months ago I cut squares from fabric I bought for a baby blanket, and thanks to my mom's new sewing machine, finally turned those squares into a blanket for babe #3. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. I washed blankets, clothes, burp cloths, and onesies this week to have ready. And there is a pile of items accumulating on my dresser that I want to bring with me to the hospital....my favorites are the two outfits to bring our babe home in. Which will it be...girl one or boy one? I also ordered some gender neutral swaddling blankets that came in the mail the other day, and as I unwrapped them Ruby quickly stated, "those are for the boy, mom." Clearly the absence of pink or purple makes them unsuitable for a girl :). I should mention that lately, Ruby is under the impression we are bringing two babies home. Baby Hughie and a baby sister. The confusion started when I continually reminded her that the baby might not be a girl, but a boy. The thought that a boy means her brother Hughie, remains firm in her sweet little mind...along with the thought that we are having a "baby sister"; therefore, two babies.

I am feeling ready for this little babe to come...quite excited, actually. This pregnancy has been the roughest for me, physically as well as mentally. I have been quite nervous about everything going okay, from the welfare of the babe to the actually delivery. But now with my due date quickly approaching, I'm feeling less nervous and more confident. It has been nice getting all this baby stuff ready because I've enjoyed some sweet moments just thinking about this baby and how wonderful it is to be adding another child to our family. Lately, I've been feeling that it is a little boy (and in my mind I think of the name I would love to give a son...we are still not 100% set on a boy name) swimming around in there, jabbing me and causing bouts of heartburn. But then, could Ruby be right about all this "baby sister" talk? Will a sweet little Ines be joining our family? (we are pretty certain about our girl name :). Thinking about this baby, I mostly hope he/she will know how much I love him/her already...and someday when my children go back and read this old blog, I hope they will each feel special in their own way because of the unique individuals that they are. I can't wait to meet our sweet babe #3.

6 comments:

McCall said...

My stomach just dropped thinking about hearing what this baby is... I can't wait. You can do it, Meg!!

The Theler's said...

I know a way we can find out!!!! JK it's killin me though

mjm said...

i'm getting so antsy for this baby to come! i can't even imagine how antsy you must be! boy or girl?! the suspense!! i love what call said, "you can do it!" because yes, you can. you are going to rock this labor and delivery. :)

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that blanket!!! LOVE the little balls on the ends, such a perfect touch.

Jasmine said...

MEG!! I LOVE THE BLANKET! I'm having you make my quilts from now on! Oh, I just can't wait for this little babester :)

Emily said...

What a cute quilt! Good job with the nesting instinct :)