Sunday, August 7, 2011

39 weeks and waiting...

For this sweet little babe to make its debut. For the past week, I wake up each morning thinking...maybe today is the day. I need to relax and realize this babe is going to come when he/she is good and ready. Besides, my due date (which really is arbitrary anyway) isn't until this Friday. I've been set on the thought that this babe would come before its due date...teach me once again, these children of mine have their own plans and agendas :) I haven't been sleeping great...combination excitement and discomfort. I love thinking about this little one and can't wait to hold this babe in my arms.

Ruby is getting excited too. Last week Hugh and I sat Roo down to give her the low-down for when this baby decides to come. We told her when the baby starts coming she will go to Grandma Suzi's and once the baby is here, she will come to the hospital to meet her new sibling. She liked this idea. Hugh proceeded to explain how the baby will come out (...while he's talking, I'm thinking, this is not pertinent to her little brain.) He explained my tummy is a big muscle which is going to push the baby out. Ruby listened, nodded, then resumed playing with her toys. Later that evening:

Ruby: "Mom, is the baby muscling?"
Me: "What?" (not sure what she is talking about)
Ruby: "Muscling out?"
Me: lauging (finally clicks what she is talking about) "No not yet, Ruby."
Ruby: "Let's go talk about that again."

I think she was hoping it was time to go play at Grandma Suzi's. Funny little girl...with a funny dad who doesn't underestimate that little mind of hers.

5 comments:

McCall said...

Come on little babe! you look beautiful, meg! Can't wait for things to start moving!

mjm said...

"choo, choo, coming through the tunnel!!" ;)

i can only imagine how antsy you must be for this baby to get here!! you are going to be awesome in the delivery room, and we already know you will be a fabulous mom! i can't wait! love you!!

Jenny said...

aww meg, I love it, you look so pretty!! and your daughter is adorable.
Jenny

becca said...

You look so beautiful with that sweet pregnant belly! So happy for you to welcome your little one soon. Wish you a smooth delivery!

Emily said...

I wish I looked like you do when I'm 39 weeks pregnant! :) Love your haircut (I am too chicken to cut my hair that short but I will be brave enough someday....). Love your maternity dress! It looks so comfy. Do you mind me asking what brand it is?