I was wondering why they were so quiet while I was making dinner. Ruby set-up a "bow shop" under the desk with Hank as her handy helper. Reassured by this scene I left them to finish dinner. Only to come back to find Hank using a pen to draw all over the computer keyboard.
Watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while mom showers...our new morning ritual. One of the few shows that keeps Hank's interest the entire time. (as you can clearly see by his posture in this pic)
These two cute kids are becoming little buddies. Don't get me wrong, they still have their fair share of arguments, but overall they love each other. It is fun to watch Hank follow Ruby around and mimic all she does. Many a morning when he wakes up before her he asks, "Uby?
...
Ruby frequently asks me to tighten the ponytail in her hair throughout the day. She usually asks me while holding onto her pony. The other day Hank followed right after her, with his tiny hands holding the wisps of his hair, and looked up at me with asking eyes.
I asked, "Do you want me to tighten your pony too?"
Hank replied, "Yea"
And so I pulled his wisps of hair and sent him on his way, to follow his sis to her next adventure for the day.
...
And on another funny note, the other night I was lamenting to Ruby how tired I was and how she needed to hurry up and get ready for bed. While putting toothpaste on her toothbrush, she nonchalantly started this conversation:
"Do you know what you need, Meg?"
"No, what?"
"Five hour energy. Then you won't be tired."
"Where did you hear about that?"
"On a commercial."
From the mouth of babes!
So glad to have these little buddies to keep me on my toes.



No comments:
Post a Comment