Merry Christmas!
2011

First attempt at a family photo, with a very un-cooperative 3-year-old.
Second attempt. Much better.
I love when Christmas falls on a Sunday. Going to church is the perfect way to celebrate our Savior's birth. I especially enjoyed hearing my favorite Christmas hymn sung...Away in a Manger.
The third verse, in particular, brings in the spirit of the season for me.
Be near me, Lord Jesus
I ask Thee to stay.
Close by me forever,
and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children,
in Thy tender care.
And fit us for heaven,
to live with Thee there.
The beauty of the gift of the Savior's birth is that he can always be near me...it is my choice to let him in my life. Even when there are times when I don't do my part to let Him in, "His hand is stretched out still" ready to accept me back into His fold. I am continually reminded that this life and all my experiences (good, bad, joyous, difficult, trying...) are meant to fit me for heaven.
And speaking of songs, we visited Hughie's grave to sing some Christmas songs. Ruby got to choose and led us all in Jingle Bells and Rudolph. I had envisioned singing songs more along the lines of hymns...but it couldn't have been more perfect! Ruby reminded me that Hughie is a kid, so he would like those songs. I'm sure she's right.
Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright! Thanks to our wonderful families...ours was warm and blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment