Hughie Happenings...
Our little guy is taking our family on quite the adventure. Some days are good and others are a bit more scary. Overall, he is a moving machine and his little jabs continue to reassure me that he is doing okay. I still see the fetal specialist every three weeks to check on his cystic hygroma (extra fluid on the back of his head), underdeveloped chin, dilated kidney's, and overall growth. He is slightly dropping off his growth curve...but hopefully he can catch-up a bit in the next two months. I know I am biased, but he looks pretty darn cute at his ultrasounds. He loves having his hands and feet by his face, and last week he was even grabbing his tiny toes with his hand. I think he is already a little character :). In between my appointments, I put that fact that Hughie might have some problems in a distant corner of my mind. Every three weeks I get a reality check that he still needs to be followed closely, and the future is still a little uncertain. I think the uncertainty is the hardest part, and I have days when I just feel down. We already love our little man so much, I just want to know what he will need from me to make it in this world. Will I be capable and strong enough? I hope so.
I have also been doing a non-stress every week to make sure Hughie is getting all he needs from my placenta. So far so good. My first week I was quite moved by the experience. As I laid on my hospital chair behind a curtain, I not only got to listen to the lull of Hughie's heart, but a handful of other heartbeats coming from other mother's and their babies laying on the same hospital chair, behind the same curtains. I felt so priviledged to be surrounded by so many new lifes! All of Hughie's little buddies, I suppose. Babies are such miracles! I don't want to forget the way I felt that day.
Hang-in there, little Hughie. We look forward to meeting you...but not before April :).
2 comments:
i love you meg! you are strong, gentle, smart, and courageous - that's how i know you'll be completely capable to take care of your little hughie.
i too am excited to meet him. love you both.
I love you meg and I KNOW you are strong enough. You are the strongest, courageous and amazing person I know and I'm grateful that your my best friend. Let me know if i can help. Love you
Post a Comment