Hughie's MRI
It is still unclear to Hugh and myself what the implications of Hughie's MRI results are. Dr. Yost and the neuroradiologist are both very concerned about Hughie's brain and its development. We had a consultation with a neurologist on Thursday who also expressed concern, but like the other doctors, was unable to give us definite answers about Hughie's brain and his ability to function. Hughie's brain is very small and it would appear that it has not been growing like it should...possibly stopped growing in-utero. The two blood clots in Hughie's brain will most likely not cause major complications at this point...but the concern is why are they there in the first place. It could be possible that Hughie has a genetic defect that causes his blood to abnormally clot. Dr. Yost also has reasonable concern that Hughie will never be able to come off the ventilator because of his lung hypoplasia (developmentally small lungs), which is not related to him being a premie. So much information and yet so many questions unanswered...perhaps they all won't ever be answered. My heart is aching for my son, myself, and my family.
Our Hughie is so sweet. I love giving him kisses on his head and feeling the warmth of his body, the fuzziness of his tiny blonde hairs, and smelling the sweetness of his skin. He will always be perfect to me even though his little body is not.
Hugh and I are praying we will know what is best for our little guy. We love him so much and realize that what we really want may not be what our Hughie needs.
**Hugh did get to hold Hughie for a moment last night...I will post pictures soon**
4 comments:
Megan... I have been following your blog since I found out you had Hugie a few days after our crazy work filled weekend together. I just want you to know that you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers for weeks now. My heart aches for you daily. May you find bits of joy and peace each day.
Loves, Anya
you are so brave. you will continue to be in so many people's prayers.
i love you.
Megan, You are going through such a difficult challenge in so many aspects. I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your family and little Hughie. What a darling, sweet boy! My husband and I are thinking of you and praying for you!
love,
Shelley
Hang in there Meg. Your little Hughie is such a special babe. We are praying for you and your family.
Post a Comment