Thank Goodness for Children!
{This little miss keeps me sane these days}
{This little mister gives me perspective}
Hughie had an MRI of his brain today. The doctor called me and told me he is concerned about Hughie's brain. It looks like his brain is small (mircoencephaly). Dr. Yost isn't quite sure if it stopped developing in-utero or once he was born. Hughie also has some blood clots in two of his veins in his brain, and the doctor feels this may be contributing to the swelling of his head. We will discuss these results further with Dr. Yost tomorrow and how they fit into the big picture for our little man. We will have more answers...and I'm sure more questions tomorrow. Hughie will have another echo cardiogram in the morning to check out his heart and PDA. He looked good tonight when we were with him. His coloring actually looked pink all over for the first time since he was born. He was opening his eyes a bit and moving his arms and legs a little. He did seem to get really upset for a moment...he started grimacing, his face turned beet red, and his blood pressure went up. I asked the nurse to suction out his mouth (he seems sensitive to having gunk in his mouth) and then he was fine. Seems to me he does respond to his environment...I'll take that for all it is worth! Tomorrow will be a big day for us as we try to tailor Hughie's care for his particular needs. I am nervous, anxious, worried, scared, and yet, hopeful. We'll see what a new day brings.
13 comments:
your children are so precious. i love that second pic of hughie with your necklace.
hang in there meg. i love you so much and am here for whatever you need from me. you amaze me. so many people are praying for you and your family. i know you have the strength and the faith to do whatever it is you need to do.
Meg, I hope that your beautiful son progresses and that his doctors find the appropriate treatments for him. I always read your updates and keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. What a blessing the Gospel is during impossibly difficult situations like this.
Meg! I want to call you for more details, but I know you are probably trying to process them yourself! We will be back from California this weekend and I can watch Ruby next week! Hope you are holding up okay!
Hi Meg- This is Lara, Craig Berrett's big sister. I have been following your blog and Mal's since we heard about your sweet little boy being born. I want you to know our family is praying for you and your sweet family. What a blessing that little boy must be in your lives, he is so precious. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and may the Lord continue to bless and comfort you.
Hugh and Meg,
Thanks for letting us peak in at your blog. We have known Hugh and family forever, but have never met you Meg but definitely have gotten to know your amazing heart by reading here. Mike C. told us the initial news and now my wife Elizabeth is so attached to this "little love" as she calls him, that she checks your blog regularly and had me read it today. Darling Ruby's lack of hair reminds us of our little Abby at that age. You and Hughie and family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength is inspiring and your gratitude is humbling. Thank you for helping us appreciate love and family and parenthood and mortality.
Andrew Florence
Hi Meg, I am the L&D nurse who was there for Hughie's delivery. Ashley Mackintosh directed me to your blog and I've been following since. I hope that Hughie continues to improve and I look forward to reading about your little family's successes!
Megan,
I always knew that you were a special young woman. Anjuli directed me to your blog. I am so impressed and touched by your amazing strength and testimony through these past few months. We are keeping you and Hughie in our prayers.
Meg,
I want you to know that you and your sweet family are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys so much! Please know that if I can do anything at all, I am more then willing! Thank you for sharing this experience with us on your blog. Your faith and strength has been so amazing through this time.
Katie
Oh little Megger. It has been way too long, but it's nice to hear that you are as strong and optimistic as you have always been. I was inspired the moment I met you. You and your family are in my prayers.
XOXO
Hailey
meg,
it has been a while but i wanted you to know that i am praying for you and your cute little hughie. i love you.
all the best,
ashley
Hugh and Meg,
Hugh I have always looked up to you and have been inspired by what a great person that you are. It seems like you have found a perfect match in your wife Meg. Angela and I have been praying for your precious family every night. We have learned from your enormous faith. Please let us know if there is anything that we can help with, seriously anything at all. Don't hesitate to call at late hours of the night if you need. Love you guys
Shawn and Angela Blymiller
Megan,
This is Kirsten Chidester from work. I saw your baby announcement at work and my heart has ached for you. Some of the girls told me about you blog, so I helped myself. I hope that is ok. I just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful baby and this blog is such a beautiful testimony of your love and strength. He is beautiful! and so is your little girl!
We are praying for you guys, let us know if we can do anything for you. Scott and Jenny Lloyd
Post a Comment